Code of Conduct
CSBA believes in equality for all. As such, CSBA is committed to creating event environments that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
All participants at CSBA events must abide by this policy:
All participants, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and volunteers, are expected to:
- Comply with all rules specified in this policy and follow the instructions of event staff.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing speech and behavior.
- Be mindful of their surroundings and of their fellow participants.
- Alert event staff if they notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Wear their badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
- Comply with masking, social distancing, and other health and safety protocols and/or guidelines of San Francisco County Public Health Officer, George R. Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco and CSBA.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination, which may include verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability.
- Nudity and/or inappropriate use of sexual images in public spaces, including on the event platform and presentation slides; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or such other events; and any unwelcome sexual attention such as unwelcome sexual advances, sexualized comments or jokes, groping, and inappropriate touching.
- Boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including personal insults, use of sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Posting or threatening to post another participant’s personally identifying information on the internet (“doxing”).
- Wearing of clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment or that is inappropriate or offensive.
- Destruction or vandalization of personal property of others or the event site or materials.
- Being intoxicated or in possession of open can, bottle or other receptacle containing an alcoholic beverage in any area that is not specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol.
- Possessing any illegal substance.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas.
- Failure to comply with the rules or regulations of the event venues and platform or with instructions of the event staff.
- Sharing event badge or platform access information with other individuals.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Any participant who is asked to desist from an unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. Engagement in unacceptable behavior may result in expulsion from the event without warning or refund and, if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement.
How to Report Unacceptable Behavior
If you witness any unacceptable behavior against another participant or you have a complaint or concern about such behavior, including harassment, discrimination, bullying, or any other conduct that violates the CSBA Events Code of Conduct, please report it immediately by calling 1-800-266-3382 or sending an email to email@example.com. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. A personal report can be made directly to event staff and volunteers at the registration desk in the George R. Moscone Convention Center lobby. You may request that your report remain completely confidential. Anonymous reporting can be done here.
Event staff will help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Together, let us make every CSBA Event a safe and welcoming experience.