Our Response to COVID-19
CSBA’s Annual Education Conference and Trade Show (AEC) will take place December 3-5, 2020, in Anaheim. AEC is CSBA’s premier continuing education program, serving to connect members with colleagues from across the state to discuss relevant and important education topics such as school funding, special education and distance learning.
CSBA understands that members across California are dealing with unprecedented challenges in their personal and professional lives due to the COVID-19 crisis. In response, CSBA is offering the option to attend AEC this year in-person or virtually.
Registration for in-person and virtual attendance will open on June 9, 2020, at 8 a.m with early bird in-person registration at $580 and the virtual registration at $399. Registration for the in-person attendance will also include access to the virtual conference package. Virtual registrants will have access to General Sessions and a selection of workshop sessions, from the comfort of their homes.
Whether a veteran board member, superintendent, board support professional or a newly elected board member, everyone will come away from conference with solutions and ideas to help your board advance student success during this unprecedented time.
Response from Anaheim Convention Center
In the midst of the storm, our hotels and businesses creatively shared messages of strength, support and love. All of Anaheim stands together during these unprecedented times. Click here to watch how the Anaheim Resort District illuminates in hope.
Response from Hotels
Registration and Cancellation-related Matters
General Notice: Please review the following notice carefully if you will be attending the 2020 CSBA Annual Education Conference (AEC) in Anaheim California.
Due to prevailing circumstances around the COVID-19 outbreak, CSBA is offering in-person attendance and virtual attendance registration options for its 2020 AEC.
In-person attendees shall be required to follow procedures and protocols established at the conference venue and hotels to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. In-person attendees also shall be required to execute a release of liability form, which shall provide that the attendee voluntarily assumes all risks related exposure to COVID-19 or other contagious or infectious disease, and shall release CSBA from liability.
CSBA reserves the right to cancel in-person attendance at any time for the health and/or safety of attendees or its employees. If CSBA cancels in-person attendance, CSBA will automatically transfer all in-person attendees to virtual registration and refund the difference in registration fees.
Registrant’s Change of Registration
A registrant may change their registration from in-person to virtual attendance at any time and CSBA will refund the difference in the registration fees. A registrant may change their registration from virtual to in-person attendance at any time upon payment of the difference in the registration fees. Any refund or payment due to and from a registrant for changing registration shall be calculated on the basis of registration fee applicable at the time of the registrant’s request.
Cancellation of In-person Registration by Registrant
1. Full refund of registration fee is available to cancellations made by November 13, 2020
Cancellation of Virtual Attendance by Registrant
1. Full refund of registration fee for virtual attendance is available to cancellations made by November 13, 2020
Release from Liability to CSBA
Each participant will agree to following conditions when registering for CSBA’s 2020 Annual Education Conference and Trade Show.
- I understand that my attendance and participation in the above event could pose a risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other contagious or infectious disease to me.
- I freely assume any risk of harm or injury to me that my attendance or participation in the event may cause, and I release CSBA from all liabilities, costs, and damages that I may incur thereby.
Trade Show Cancellation
- If CSBA cancels the in-person conference or Trade Show associated with it, exhibitors shall receive a full refund of the exhibiting and badge fees.
- If notice of cancellation by an exhibitor is made before 5:00 p.m. (PST) July 31, 2020, a 50% refund of total booth fees paid will be issued. No refunds on booth fees will be issued on booth space cancelled after July 31, 2020. Any reduction in booth space will be treated the same as a booth cancellation and will be refunded accordingly. Compliance Deposits will be refunded for all cancellations received prior to the 2020 conference.
- Exhibiting and badge fees are not be refundable to exhibitors who cancel after July 31, 2020